Monday, October 28, 2013

God's Not Dead

I've been listening to the song by the Newsboys "God's Not Dead" (By the way, when did Michael Tate from DC Talk join them? And why was I not informed? Oh yeah, I've been writing a book and raising children. Shock of my life in the Christian bookstore the other day. ANYWAYS.)
My kids love the song too. And a new movie starring Kevin Sorbo and Dean Cain is coming out by the same name. I mean, a Christian movie with Hercules and Superman? Could it be?

Judah, Levi and I were discussing the song and the lyrics. Judah had mixed up some of the words so I was explaining them to him, and then we started talking about what they meant. It was then the impact of what we were singing really hit me.

"God's not dead, He's surely alive
And He's living on the inside,
Roaring like a lion"

I said, "You know how powerful lions are? When they roar, it shakes the air. No one can miss a lion roaring. They are powerful."

Then I started thinking about the power of God. God holds the power of the wind in His hands, He controls the ocean, the forces of nature. He controls the flaming power of the sun. And guess what? He chooses to dwell inside of us. He chooses to fill us with that power.

I tend to worry about things. What if we can't pay the bills? What if I get in a car wreck and can't do laundry and the children never have clean underwear again? What if no one reads my book I just spent three years writing? What if, what if, what if?

There is a mighty Lion of Judah God and He dwells inside of me.
That is absolutely enough. End of argument.

(Official YouTube Video for "God's Not Dead" by the Newsboys)
Official trailer for the movie "God's Not Dead"
 

No comments: